Thursday, May 24, 2007

Jen Lau

Jen Lau

#26

Alma Mater: Stanford University

Former teams: Stanford Superfly (04-06); Ambush (06-07)

My favorite ultimate moment(s): I have two.

1) Santa Barbara Invite 2006, finals. We had been trading points with UCLA, scores were close. UCLA stacks up in the endzone, we're on on D. My girl cuts to the back cone, and has a couple steps on me. Disc goes up and I lay out past her to get the D, which fires everyone up. I ended up injuring my rotator cuff but we end up scoring the next two points to win the tourney.

2) Chesapeake Open 2007, pool play. We pull to a team and I sprint down as the pull play develops. The disc swings to my girl and I completely handblock her. The disc just drops, completely tacoed. My girl, in frustration, throws down her hat down and stomps off the field. Seizing this opportunity, I make a fast break for an easy score.

No comments: